Did you know an average of 3,400 children in the U.S. swallow batteries annually?
Aside from the usual dangers of choking and more, coin sized Lithium batteries can be incredibly harmful if they are swallowed. They can lodge in the throat and can react to burn holes through skin and muscle tissue. Since this Lithium battery industry is growing and more household items that use batteries like remotes or even car alarms, awareness of the danger is crucial. Even a battery that is drained and can't power your gadgets anymore can still cause significant damage in someone's body. To increase your own awareness and prevent this from happening to someone you love, please visit: http://thebatterycontrolled.com/
The Battery Controlled is a campaign supported by Energizer, in partnership with Safe Kids Worldwide, to alert parents and other caregivers to the hidden danger of swallowing coin lithium button batteries.