Enjoy stress-free setting! Featuring more than 100 full-color photos, this book provides the information you need to avoid damaging expensive and sometimes irreplaceable gems.
- Common gemstone enhancements and treatments
- How specific gems react to pressure
- How to design and modify jewelry to accommodate a gem's characteristics
- "Tools that Rule": What every jeweler needs close at hand
- Charts on how stones react to abrasives, chemicals, and heat
- Advice on proper care and cleaning methods
by Arthur Skuratowitcz and Julie Nash