As a professional trade watchmaker and repairing watches since the age of 12, Anthony L. has extensive experience in watchmaking from being an apprentice under a master watchmakers. He is a Swiss, Rolex®, Omega®, and Jager LeCoultre® trained horologist and online educator. 100+ No BS Watch Tips is an uncommon guide to watches, watch making, and the watch industry. This is seriously not your average watch book; watchmaking is complicated, but it doesn't have to be boring!
The authors goal with this book is to educate watch enthusiasts, collectors, salespeople, or aspiring watchmakers. As Anthony states, "for anyone who wants to understand the watchmaking world a little better". Here are just a few of the keynote points within the contents:
- List of 31 essential watchmaking tools
- Is your watch worth fixing?
- How often should you service your watch?
- What does my watch's timing read-out mean?
- What makes a watch water resistant?
- What do water resistant measures mean?
- List of common industry movements used in watches
- What they didn't tell you about the Quartz Crisis
- How to get an apprenticeship under a watchmaker
- 11 essential pieces of advice for aspiring watchmakers
- How to get ready for a watchmaking bench test in 8 weeks
- When and why you need to get your battery changed
- Do you need a watch winder?
- How to turn your own quality control checks on your watch
- "A collection of tips and knowledge that isn't widely shared about the watch industry."
- "An educational read for anyone interested in watches."
- "A 'must read' if you love watches and horology."