The SmartPro Gem-Eye I was specifically developed to distinguish between diamonds and other simulants using the principle of thermal conductivity. The exceptional heat conductivity of diamonds is unlike any simulant, therefore diamonds are not easily replicable. The SmartPro Gem Eye I consists of two linked thermometers; one is heated electronically, while the other is cooled by the gemstone being tested. The difference in temperature creates an electrical output, which is then amplified and displayed on an analog dial. The color stone estimator display assists the user in distinguishing popular colored gemstones from each other.
- High efficiency gem tester
- Retractable thermo-electric probe tip ensures constant pressure between probe tip and gemstone
- Industries thinnest probe tip (0.48mm)
- Tests diamonds as small as 0.01 ct
- LED indicator
- Metal alert buzzer ensures probe tip is in contact with gemstone during testing
- Easy to read analog panel display
- No waiting time between tests
- Built in diamonds and simulant test discs for reference
- Size: 3.9" x 5" x 3"