This clasp is often called a hidden clasp because when the watch band is closed, you cannot see the clasp at all making the butterfly clasp a very popular watch band clasp. These special butterfly clasps are great for the ceramic watch bands. The clasp is attached to the band by a tube with pins on each side of the band. The metal plate under the clasp gives it spring action when closing the end pieces for a very firm tight connection which reduces the risk of dropping your ceramic band and having it break or losing the watch. The other benefit to this clasp is the ends that fit into the links are flexible and move inside the links since ceramic links do not bend like most bands. To determine if this clasp will fit your watch, you will need to measure the tube length that fits into the band.
- Made of stainless steel
- Overall open length: 73.3mm
- Overall closed length: 40.3mm
- Clasp tapers from 12.4mm in the middle to 11.0mm at the ends
- Tube size: 7.5mm
- Ends are flexible where they attach to the band
- These replacement clasps are designed for ceramic watch bands
- Known as hidden clasps because it can’t be seen when it is completely closed
- The top two butterfly “wing” sections fold down onto the bottom portion and meet in the middle
- The top portions are half the length of the bottom portion
*Sizes are approximate as measurements may vary slightly by gauge.