A little wire, a few simple tools, and some brightly colored beads are all you need to start creating your own intriguing fashion statements! By adding new wires to basic bent-wire links, you can alter simple shapes into complex and fascinating focal designs. Internationally recognized craft author and instructor Lola S. Irish teaches you 30 expert wire wrapipng techniques in this comprehensive guide. Wire-Wrapped Jewelry Techniques also features eight step by step projects for stunning necklaces, pendants, brooches, hairpins, and earrings.
You'll learn how to:
- Add texture using tightly packed wire-wrapped coils
- Add a grunge look using random, loosely packed twists and turns
- Add bead clusters anywhere on a bent-wire link
- Secure free-floating arms and anchor open hoops
- Experiment with added coils and beaded wires
- Create intricate woven patterns with wire
- Create connecting loops to add side chains and earring hooks
- And much more!