Foredom K.1040 Portable Micromotor Kit
For high speed applications up to 50,000 rpm including light deburring of cast pieces, bright cutting in jewelry making and fine detailing in wood. Kit includes control box, handpiece with 3/32" collet, handpiece cradle, spare pair of motor brushes and collet changing wrenches.
Compared to flexible shaft machines, micromotors have less torque, however, their higher speed results in a comparable rate of material removal with a lighter touch. The simple cord connection between the handpiece motor and control box is another key advantage. Unlike the "drag" and general restriction in movement that you have with a shaft and sheath, micromotors offer much greater freedom of movement. Perfect for users who work at multiple stations, or for signing/personalizing work pieces at craft and outdoor fairs when no power is available. Run time is approximately 5 hours, depending on how long the micromotor is in continuous use when in battery mode, or plug it in for day-long use. Battery charge time is 3 hours.
This kit contains these main components:
- Control Box - Dial speed control set precise speed and can set a maximum speed for operation with foot control. LED digital speed display and you can select forward or reverse rotation. Convenient handpiece holder with four optional locations on the control box. Features built in overload protection
- H.MH-130 Handpiece - Ergonomic with a comfortable grip, features brushless with long lasting ball bearings and easy bur changes - just twist to release or lock the bur. Designed for simple collet changes to use 3/32" or 1/8" shank burs.
- Variable Speed Foot Control
- Slow, steady, and smooth high torque start
- Brushless motor design - no need to replace carbon brushes
- Two speed settings
- Full speed range up to 50,000 rpm
- 500 rpm - 5,000 rpm
- Sealed housing eliminates dust, noise, and vibration
- Two year warranty
- UKCA and CE marked, double insulated