The Xuron 9180 / 9181 Kevlar® Scissors or Shears are heavy-duty and built to last. Designed and manufactured for cutting the Kevlar® strength components in fiber optic cables and other high strength fibers. These materials are commonly used in beading and by fisherman for their strength, abrasion resistance and stretch-free nature and because of these features they will ruin the cutting edges of a wire cutter or traditional scissors very quickly. These Xuron Kevlar® Scissors are made for these heavy-duty materials and are terrific for cutting Dandyline®, Fireline® and other high strength fibers used by bead weavers and fisherman.
The cutting edges are heat-treated to a hard 58-60 RC. This high-quality scissors offers both precision cutting and exceptional tool life. Cushioned Xuro-Rubber grips and return spring provide both comfort and control. An added benefit - one of the scissor blades is serrated (also available in non-serrated 9181) and acts to prevent the fibers from sliding out of the front of the scissor when cutting. Recommended for cutting: Sheet Stock, Plastic Cable Ties, Pc Boards - Depaneling, Kevlar® Thread, Kevlar® Fiber, Monofilament, Fireline and Carbon Fiber Strip.
- Available in serrated (9180 / 53.861) and non-serrated (9181 / 53.862)
- Heavy duty fiber and wire cutter scissors / shears
- Used in Jewelry Manufacturing, General Hobbies And Crafts, Bead Stringing, Wire Harness Manufacturing, Telecommunications and Electronics
- Cutting edges are heat treated to 58-60 RC (Rockwell Scale)
- Features one serrated blade to keep fibers from sliding off the blade
- Cushioned Xuro-Rubber grips add comfort and reduce fatigue
- Return spring opens scissor after each cut and provide excellent control
- Product size 5.75" X 3.5" X 0.5" Inches (146 X 89 X 12mm)
- Made in USA
Esslinger & Co. is independent of and not affiliated with or sponsored by Kevlar®, or Dandyline®, or Fireline®. Warranty does not apply to non-genuine parts supplied by Esslinger & Co.