Crimped steel wire end brushes come in a package of 6, they have a 1/4" inch bristle length and 3/8" inch diameter heads which are mounted on 3/32" mandrels for quick mounting into drill, flex shaft or other rotary tools. Steel offers a stiff bristle that is strong and hard to clean, polish and produce special finishes. Work well on white metals such as silver, white gold and platinum.
End brushes mounted on mandrels fit directly into flex-shaft units for quick cleaning and polishing on difficult jobs and in tight areas. Also work for rough polishing, cleaning, deburring, rust removal, creating special finishes and general metal surface work on a variety of hard materials such as gold, silver, copper, brass, steel and more. The crimped wire is used to achieve softer or matte finishes.
Below is a list of uses for a variety of brush styles. This will help you choose which brush will be the right one for the job you are working on.
- Soft bristle - for fine polishing
- Stiff bristle - for cleaning
- Brass Wire - for Gold, copper and brass, non-sparking, softer than steel, won't scratch soft metals
- Steel Wire - for white metals like, silver, white gold, platinum etc
- Straight Wire or lightly crimped - for stronger cleaning, deburring and surface finishing
- Crimped Wire - for a softer or matte finish